21 2006
Now we have a Guest Book. Leave the offers and comments!

20 2006
We are working on the translation of our site into the English language together with Rob Moshein from Texas, a member of the team at the Russian History website "Alexander Palace Time Machine". It is also possible to familiarize yourself in English with the Russian version of our site by means of an online translator

...

 

Tsarskoe Selo Automobile-Sporting Club

On 21 October, 2002 in the town of Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), 20 km from Saint Petersburg, I commenced working on the "Tsarskoselskii Automobile-Sports Club". This event gave new life to the "Tsarskoselskii Automobile-Sports Society", which was established 90 years ago and ceased its activities due to the political upheaval in 1917.
More Detailed History of the Club...

The fundamental purpose of the club is to study the history of motoring and automobile sport, the development and popularization of automotive sport, including among children and teenagers, the preparation and conduct of competitions at regional, all-Russian and international levels, support the sporting and cultural traditions of Russian automobile sports.
More Detailed Plans of the Club...

The club is located in a building located at: 8 Dvortsovaya Ulitsa (Street), which from 1912 used to be the garage and residence of Adolph Kegress, a French national, who was the personal chauffeur to Emperor Nikolai II, and also a Russian racing car driver. The club is situated in a historic building of unique architecture, which symbolically is crowned by a unique bas-relief with the images of races in the first Russian sport cars, released in 1909, the "Russo-Balt".
More Details on the Club Building...

Following on from long forgotten highly enthusiastic sporting traditions of motoring pioneers in Russia at the beginning of 20th century, the club began its activity by the revival of famous traditions, namely, the historic Verstoviye Races undertaken by our great-grandfathers from 1901 until 1914 on the Volhonsky Shosse (highway). These were high-speed races of 1 verst from the start position (by modern interpretation drag racing) were especially popular in the beginning of the last century. On the 18th June, in 2005 in the town of Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo), on Sapernoi Street, the First Open drag-racing under the name "Volhonka 2005" had taken place in the Saint Petersburg and Leningrad region.
More Details on Club Events...

This English version is thanks to Rob Moshein, of the Alexander Palace Time Machine who built the English language pages and also with many thanks to Margarita Nelipa, a volunteer member of the Alexander Palace Time Machine Forum who translated the orignal Russian into English for us.

Donation our club

An Appeal to Our Contemporaries

The major task of the club includes the creation of an Automobile Museum in the town of Pushkin. In connection to this matter, members of the club appeal to our contemporaries:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
To realize this goal the Tsarskoselskii Automobile-Sports Club is collecting all possible information from the beginning of the twentieth century (newspapers, journals, photographs, etc.) shedding light on that epoch.
Members of the club wish to appeal to the descendants of those famous heroes - motorists with the request to respond and take part in creating the "Galleries of Russian Automobile Glory" within the National Automobile Museum, for the perpetuation of the names of their grandfathers and great-grandfathers, who have been undeservedly forgotten.
We also appeal to all Russians and compatriots living outside Russia, to everyone who is not indifferent to the fate of the Russian trailblazing - motorists, with a request for assistance in reviving Russian national property and for the recreation of one more page of history. In the "Gallery of Russian Automotive Glory" to commemorate distinguished personalities, we hope to present portraits and biographies, and possibly the personal items of those famous pioneering - motorists, whose surnames are already recognized as Honorary members of the Tsarskoselskii Automobile-Sports Club, (See Further),and including all others whose names still remain unknown to us.
We request you apply to General Director Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Maslov.

Our Address:
196600, NP "TsASC", 8 Dvortsovaya Ulitsa, Pushkin, Saint Petersburg, RUSSIA .
Telephone/Fax: +7 812 476-00-00
E-mail